After guidance through the CDC and guidelines from state and regional health that is public in assessment with NPS Public wellness Service Officers, effective March 28, 2020, Assateague Island National Seashore (Maryland District) are going to be CLOSED to all the park site site visitors until further notice. We shall inform the general public once we resume complete operations and supply updates on our www. Nps.gov/asis that is website and, Twitter and Instagram @AssateagueNPS.
Updates may be published to your park internet site and media channels that are social.
Firewood Alert (PDF file 81 kb)
Campers might not bring firewood from away from state. Firewood should be bought locally.
Camping at Assateague should be an experience that is pleasant you intend ahead! The barrier area habitat could be harsh if you should be maybe perhaps not ready. Camping is present just into the Maryland district of Assateague Island. Campers are reminded to bring firewood (locally bought), sunscreen, insect repellent, display screen tents for color and pest protection, and long tent stakes to anchor tents into the sand and wind.
Nationwide Park Provider Reservation System
- Reservations are needed from March 15 through 15 november. Campsite reservations can be found 6 months ahead of time. Remember that almost all reservations for weekends are filled the day that is first they become available.
- Phone the t reservation that is oll-free: 1-877-444-6777 (10:00 AM – 10:00 PM EST) or visit www. Recreation.gov.
- Sites are $30 per evening.
- Camping facilities include chemical toilets, chilled water showers and drinking tap water.
- 16 through March 14, campsites are first-come first-served and sites are $30 per night november.
- There clearly was a 50% discount for campers with Golden Age, Interagency Senior, Golden Access or Interagency Access passports. Continue lendo “Camping At Assateague. Updates are going to be published towards the park site and social media marketing networks.”